Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Graduate

So it's official. I turned in my paper, got a well-deserved A, (I must say) and now, I am a Master. ;)

Last night we celebrated. Brian was amazing in that he surprised me with Liz, Sascha, Tiff, Ben, Claudia and Mom to greet me at Musashino for sushi followed by karaoke at a personal room (byob). Great fun and crazy expensive, but well worth it. Money comes and goes, experiences do too, but hey, at least we get some fun memories out of experiences.

Not sure where this 'master' will take me but I feel good to have accomplished more and it was truly something that felt very natural. I truly enjoy learning and going to school. I feel as though my profession is to be a student and I realize that I don't need to pay and sit in a classroom to be one. Every day that I am lucky enough to wake up, I breathe in the sweet breath of life and indulge in the life set in front of me. I can truly say that I feel most content when I let go a bit and allow life to just be, rather than always trying to control it and veer it in certain directions.

I learn from my experiences, the people around me, the nature that surrounds me...and through my thoughtful meditations and contemplations I continue on the path of this life. Fulfilling my duties and realizing that this life isn't the end, but what I am seeing the beginning with each new day and each experience...whether life continued or ended by means uncontrollable to me.

Being able to guide by thoughts through taking in the beauty of life, people, and nature, as I find my way--that is the assignment that I give to myself daily and that is what I cherish and strive for each day.

I am the MASTER of my own fate, I am the captain of my soul. ~~W.C. Henley

No comments: